Cubs Minor League Recap: 9/3/14
Daytona advanced to the FSL Championship Series with a win, and Kane County picked up a victory in their playoff opener. Boise’s season came to an end Wednesday. Here are some highlights from yesterday’s action:
FSL North Championship
Daytona wins series 2-0
For the fourth time in the last six years, the Daytona Cubs were crowned the Florida State League North Champions. The Cubs scored eight runs in the first two innings to beat host Dunedin, 9-4. Game 1 of the FSL Championship against Fort Myers will take place tonight at JetBlue Park.
- LF Bijan Rademacher (.714) went 2-for-4 with a first-inning, two-run homer.
- DH Kyle Schwarber (.200) went 1-for-5 with two RBI. He recorded six RBI in two games this series.
- CF Jacob Hannemann (.400) and 2B Gioskar Amaya (.444) had three hits apiece while combining to score five runs.
- 1B Dan Vogelbach (.444) went 2-for-4 with a game-high three RBI (5).
- LHP Nathan Dorris (1-0, 0.00) tossed three scoreless innings of relief to earn the win.
Kane County Cougars
MWL Playoffs Series
Kane County leads series 1-0
Kane County recorded 13 hits in a 7-3 victory over host Wisconsin in Game 1 of the MWL Playoffs.
- Rehabbing 3B Mike Olt (.667) went 2-for-3 with a fifth-inning, three-run homer.
- DH Mark Zagunis (.600) went 3-for-5 with a run scored.
- C Cael Brockmeyer (.500) and CF Trey Martin (.500) had two hits apiece.
- LHP Tyler Ihrig (3.00) allowed a run on four hits while fanning four in three innings of relief to earn the save.
NWL East Divisional Series
Boise loses series 0-2
Boise’s season came to an end with a 5-2 loss at Hillsboro in Game 2 of the Northwest League playoffs.
- DH Justin Marra (.125) went 1-for-4 with a second-inning, two-run homer.
- CF Rashad Crawford (.429) had a game-high three hits, going 3-for-4 with a double (1).
- RHP James Farris (0.00) struck out three in two scoreless innings of relief.