Opening Homestand Promotions and Guests: 4/5/15; 4/7/15-4/8/15
The Cubs are just a few days away from kicking off the 2015 season in grand fashion with a nationally televised Opening Night matchup against the division-rival Cardinals at Wrigley Field. The evening will begin with a tribute to late Hall of Famer, “Mr. Cub” Ernie Banks, who passed away at the age of 83 in January and will also include an on-field performance by local rock group Fall Out Boy.
Here are the other guests and promotions you’ll find at the Friendly Confines during the three-game opening set.
Opening Homestand Recap, April 5-8
Sunday, April 5, Chicago Cubs vs. St. Louis Cardinals, 7:05 p.m.
- Special tribute: Ernie Banks pregame ceremony, moment of silence and in-game tributes
- Promotions: Commemorative No. 14 pin (all fans); Cubs Magnet Schedule presented by Giordano’s (first 30,000 fans)
- Pregame entertainment: Fall Out Boy
- National Anthem: Wayne Messmer; God Bless America: London Lo
- First pitches and seventh-inning stretch: Ernie Banks’ sons, Joey and Jerry Banks
- Broadcast: ESPN2-TV, WBBM Newsradio 780-AM, Cubs.com
Tuesday, April 7, Chicago Cubs vs. St. Louis Cardinals, 7:05 p.m.
- Promotion: Cubs Magnet Schedule presented by Jack Daniel’s (first 30,000 adults age 21-and-older)
- National Anthem: Members of Chicago-based ‘60s band The Buckinghams
- Seventh-inning stretch: Lombard, Illinois-native band Plain White T’s
- Broadcast: WGN-TV, WBBM Newsradio 780-AM, Cubs.com
Wednesday, April 8, Chicago Cubs vs. St. Louis Cardinals, 1:20 p.m.
- First pitch and seventh-inning stretch: Singer, songwriter and multi-instrumentalist Kristian Bush from Sugarland
- Broadcast: WLS-TV, WBBM Newsradio 780-AM, Cubs.com
- Cubs Charities Bricks and Ivy Ball post-game at Union Station