Cubs Minor League Recap: 4/19/15
Iowa couldn’t get the bats going, and South Bend blew a late lead Sunday. Meanwhile, Tennessee and Myrtle Beach were both rained out. Here are some notes from yesterday’s minor league Cubs action:
Iowa Cubs (4-5)
Pacific Coast League (AAA)
Third Place (-3.5)
Iowa was blanked by Oklahoma City 4-0. The game was called due to rain with two outs in the top of the sixth inning. The I-Cubs will round out the series with the Dodgers in a doubleheader today.
- RHP Barret Loux struck out five in five innings of work, giving up one earned run.
- CF Adron Chambers (.269) hit his fourth double.
- RF Rubi Silva (.240) also recorded a double.
- The I-Cubs were held to a season-low two hits and did not draw any walks Sunday.
South Bend Cubs (4-7)
Midwest League (Low-A)
Seventh Place (-4.0)
South Bend fell to Great Lakes, 4-1, after the Loons scored four runs in the ninth inning for the second consecutive day. Sunday marked the fourth time this season the SB Cubs have surrendered the lead in the final three innings.
- RHP Trevor Clifton pitched five scoreless innings, striking out seven and giving up just one hit.
- 3B Jesse Hodges (.222) went 2-for-3, plating Jeffrey Baez in the fifth to give South Bend the lead.
- SS Gleyber Torres (.278) also finished 2-for-3, marking his fourth multi-hit game this season.