Fourth Homestand Promotions and Guests: 5/11/15-5/17/15
Fans supported last year’s Pink Out event in the bleachers. (Photo by Stephen Green)
The Budweiser Bleacher seating option will return to Cubs fans for the first time in 2015 as the North Siders host the Mets from May 11-14 and the Pirates from May 15-17. The bleachers in left field and center field open for occupancy starting May 11.
The homestand opener coincides with Cubs Charities’ “Pink Out” presented by Advocate Health Care on the first Cubs home game following Mother’s Day. Each guest in the Budweiser Bleachers will receive a “Pink Out” T-shirt to promote breast cancer prevention awareness while celebrating moms and women everywhere who are survivors. Fans who aren’t sitting in the bleachers but would still like to participate may visit Gate F, where wives of Cubs players and coaches will accept donations in exchange for a “Pink Out” shirt. These donations will help provide mammograms for under- and uninsured women through Cubs Charities and Advocate Charitable Foundation.
In support of the event, Cubs players will wear pink batting practice jerseys that will later be available by auction through Cubs Authentics, with proceeds also funding mammograms for under- and uninsured women. The bases used on the field—also available through Cubs Authentics—will feature commemorative #PinkOut base jewels, and guests are encouraged to share pictures from the evening using the hashtag to promote breast cancer prevention awareness.
Ginny Cooper, a 10-year survivor, will serve as MLB’s Honorary Bat Girl and deliver the game’s lineup card. She was selected based on her story about “Going to Bat Against Breast Cancer.” She will be joined by other breast cancer survivors and volunteers who will throw the game’s ceremonial first pitch, sing the National Anthem and lead the seventh-inning stretch. Overall, Advocate will bring more than 50 survivors to enjoy the game in the stands.
In addition to Monday’s “Pink Out,” Cubs Charities will continue this year’s Let’s Give campaign by supporting the Anthony Rizzo Family Foundation’s Third Annual Cook-Off for Cancer on May 14. The event will feature upscale versions of ballpark food prepared by notable Chicago chefs and served by Cubs players at Revel Downtown. Tips and event net proceeds will benefit pediatric cancer research as well as provide support to children and their families battling the disease. For more information, visit cubs.com/cook.
On Friday, May 15, Cubs manager Joe Maddon will continue his Respect Community charity T-shirt initiative by representing Cubs Rookie League Baseball during his postgame press conference.
Tickets remain available for the upcoming homestand at cubs.com or 800-THE-CUBS (800-843-2827). Highlights of the homestand follow:
The homestand will begin May 11 with all fans in the Budweiser Bleachers receiving a Cubs Charities “Pink Out” T-shirt presented by Advocate Health Care. On Saturday, May 16, the first 20,000 fans will receive a Cubs Reusable Tote Bag presented by MLB Network. The first 1,000 kids 13-and-under can run the bases postgame Sunday, May 17.
This homestand, the Decade Diner located in the right-field concourse will serve a Turkey Club Sandwich—a triple decker with toasted bread, sliced turkey, bacon, sliced tomatoes, crisp lettuce and mayo—as well as the Reuben Sandwich with warm pastrami, sauerkraut, swiss cheese and Louie dressing on toasted marble rye bread.
Homestand Recap and Guests, May 11-17
Monday, May 11 vs. New York Mets, 7:05 p.m.
- Promotion: Cubs Charities “Pink Out” T-shirt presented by Advocate Health Care, all Budweiser Bleacher fans
- First pitches and seventh-inning stretch: Breast cancer survivors
- MLB Honorary Bat Girl: Ginny Cooper, 10-year breast cancer survivor
- Broadcast: CSN, WBBM 780-AM, Cubs.com
Tuesday, May 12 vs. New York Mets, 7:05 p.m.
- First pitch: WNBA Chicago Sky guard Allie Quigley
- Broadcast: CSN+, MLB Network, WBBM 780-AM, Cubs.com
Wednesday, May 13 vs. New York Mets, 7:05 p.m.
- First pitch: Chicago Bears defensive end David Bass
- Broadcast: WGN, ESPN, WBBM 780-AM, WRTO 1200-AM Spanish Radio, Cubs.com
Thursday, May 14 vs. New York Mets, 1:20 p.m.
- Seventh-inning stretch: DePaul Men’s Basketball Coach Dave Leitao
- Broadcast: CSN, WBBM 780-AM, WRTO 1200-AM Spanish Radio, Cubs.com
- Postgame: Anthony Rizzo Family Foundation’s Third Annual Cook-Off for Cancer
Friday, May 15 vs. Pittsburgh Pirates, 1:20 p.m.
- First pitch and seventh-inning stretch: UIC Men’s Basketball Coach Steve McClain
- Broadcast: CSN, MLB Network, WBBM 780-AM, Cubs.com
Saturday, May 16 vs. Pittsburgh Pirates, 3:05 p.m.
- Promotion: Cubs Reusable Tote Bag presented by MLB Network, first 20,000 fans
- Seventh-inning stretch: Former Cubs infielder Bill Madlock
- Broadcast: WLS-TV, FS1, WBBM 780-AM, ESPN Radio, Cubs.com
Sunday, May 17 vs. Pittsburgh Pirates, 1:20 p.m.
- Broadcast: WGN, MLBN, WBBM 780-AM, Cubs.com
- Kids Run the Bases post-game, first 1,000 kids 13-and-under