Cubs Minor League Recap: 5/10/15
Only two games were played Sunday, but both Iowa and Myrtle Beach secured victories. Tennessee and South Bend had the day off. Here are some notes from yesterday’s minor league Cubs action:
Iowa Cubs (15-15)
Pacific Coast League (Triple-A)
Third Place (-7.5)
Iowa scored eight runs in the fourth inning to roll past visiting Colorado Springs, 14-2.
- RHP Carlos Pimentel (4.28) picked up the win, giving up no earned runs while striking out five in 5.2 innings. He’s allowed just one run in his last 19.2 innings of work.
- C Taylor Teagarden (.333) went 2-for-3 with a three-run homer, a walk, a run scored and four RBI.
- RF John Andreoli (.293) went 3-for-4 with a walk, three runs scored and an RBI.
- LF Junior Lake (.283) drove in three runs as part of a 2-for-4 outing. He also walked.
- 2B Javier Baez (.238) went 2-for-3 with a run scored and a walk.
- SS Jonathan Mota (.333) went 2-for-4 with a walk, two doubles, two runs and three RBI.
Myrtle Beach Pelicans (19-12)
Carolina League (High-A)
First Place (+0.5)
Myrtle Beach collected 10 hits to defeat host Winston-Salem, 4-3.
- RHP Jonathan Martinez (2.25) gave up one earned run and struck out two in 5.0 innings in the no-decision.
- RF Billy McKinney (.333) collected his second straight multi-hit game, going 2-for-4 with a walk, a triple, two runs scored and an RBI.
- 1B Jacob Rogers (.299) went 2-for-5 with a double and an RBI.
- 3B Jeimer Candelario (.261) went 2-for-3 with a walk and an RBI.