Cubs Minor League Recap: 6/24/15
Eugene had a pair of big innings to secure its second win, and the Mesa bats led the way in a victory Wednesday. Iowa was rained out, while Tennessee, Myrtle Beach and South Bend wrapped up their All-Star breaks and will return to play Thursday. Here are some notes from yesterday’s minor league action:
Eugene Emeralds (2-5)
Northwest League (Short-Season A)
Fourth Place (-2.0)
Eugene rallied for eight runs in the sixth and seventh innings to defeat visiting Boise, 8-3.
- LHP Carson Sands (4.09) fanned six in 6.0 innings, giving up three earned runs in the no-decision.
- 2B Frandy Delarosa (.240) went 2-for-4 with a triple (1) and a team-high four RBI (5).
- SS Ho-young Son (.308) went 2-for-4 with two runs scored and a stolen base (2). He has three multi-hit games in his last four contests.
- RF Ricardo Marcano (.308) went 2-for-4, his first multi-hit game of the season.
- RHP Jae-Hoon Ha collected his first victory, striking out four batters in 2.0 hitless innings.
Mesa Cubs (2-2)
Arizona League (Rookie League)
T-Second Place (-1.0)
The Mesa Cubs collected 11 hits to win their second straight, defeating the Angels, 6-5.
- C Yohan Matos (.143) went 1-for-4 with a go-ahead, three-run homer in the fifth inning.
- 3B Wladimir Galindo (.250) went 3-for-4 with a double (2).
- SS Andruw Monasterio (.300) went 2-for-4 with two doubles (2) and a run scored.
- LHP Carlos Rodriguez tossed 2.0 perfect frames to earn the win, fanning one.