Budweiser Bleachers unveil new concessions offerings, including Hot Doug’s sausages
The Chicago Cubs, Hot Doug’s, Vienna Beef and Levy Restaurants unveiled new concessions offerings in the Budweiser Bleachers Friday, including several Hot Doug’s sausages that will be served at Platform 14, a new outdoor concession area in the Budweiser Bleachers located behind the historic center-field scoreboard.
Doug Sohn, founder of Hot Doug’s, developed the initial menu offerings based on some of the most popular sausages served at his former Chicago restaurant. The names pay tribute to some of his favorite Cubs players from his youth.
- The “Carmen Fanzone” is a spicy Vienna Polish sausage served with spicy brown mustard and caramelized onions.
- The “Dave Kingman” is a bacon cheeseburger sausage with cola BBQ sauce and sharp cheddar cheese.
- The “Rick Reuschel” is an atomic pork sausage with chipotle mustard and pepper jack cheese.
“The outpouring of love and support from Chicago for Hot Doug’s was incredible, and it became clear our fans were still craving the sausages that made our restaurant famous,” Sohn said. “The opportunity to partner with the Cubs and serve our product at historic Wrigley Field was too tempting to pass up, and we’re thrilled that Chicagoans now have a chance to enjoy Hot Doug’s once again.”
Budweiser Bleacher fans can look forward to new, rotating Hot Doug’s and Vienna Beef menu items at Platform 14 throughout the season.
Platform 14 features three other concession themes as well, including traditional ballpark fare, barbecue and Italian food. The traditional grill stand serves Vienna Beef hot dogs, bratwursts and Wrigley Field Smokies. The barbecue stand serves BBQ pulled pork, beef brisket, mac-n-cheese and the new “Grand Slam BBQ Twist,” which offers smoked beef brisket or pulled pork topped with barbecue sauce and mac-n-cheese, filled into cone-shaped bread. Finally, the Italian stand serves Vienna Beef Italian beef sandwiches, Giordano’s Pizza and the new Outfield Meatball Sandwich, which features three giant beef and pork meatballs with housemade marinara sauce and topped with grated parmesan cheese on a hoagie roll.
“When the Cubs and Ricketts family committed to restoring Wrigley Field through the 1060 Project, we promised improved and expanded concessions for our fans,” added Cubs President of Business Operations Crane Kenney. “We’re thrilled to introduce offerings from an iconic Chicago brand like Hot Doug’s while working with Levy Restaurants on delicious menu items to bring this exciting new chapter to life in the Budweiser Bleachers.”
In addition to Platform 14, fans may visit the new Red Line Grill, Waveland Grill and The Three Fingers Bar to find exciting new offerings from Levy Restaurants in the Budweiser Bleachers.
The Red Line Grill, located in the lower level Budweiser Bleacher concourse along Sheffield Avenue, features the following new and continued offerings:
- The Big ‘W’ Burger features a six-ounce fresh beef patty topped with slices of American and cheddar cheese, lettuce, tomato, red onion a secret sauce, served with crinkle cut french fries.
- The Joe Maddon – Third Base Hoagie is a time-honored recipe straight from Joe’s cousins Dave and Tina Mashinski’s restaurant in Hazelton, Pennsylvania, the Third Base Luncheonette. It features ham, salami, white American cheese, crisp lettuce, sliced tomatoes, onion, spicy peppers and olive oil, served on a hoagie roll. The hoagie also is available in the grandstand concourse.
- Wrigley Field’s fan-favorite Big Slugger Nachos and Garlic Parmesan Fries are available at the Red Line Grill, as well as lighter options such as the Veggie Chopped Salad and Black Bean Veggie Burger.
The Waveland Grill, located in the lower level Budweiser Bleacher concourse along Waveland Avenue, features the following new and continued offerings:
- Da Burger is a grilled Cuban-style pork burger topped with bacon, ham, Swiss cheese, pickles and spicy mustard aioli, presented by the Illinois Pork Producers and also available in concession stands.
- The Buffalo Chicken Sandwich features a crispy breaded chicken breast tossed in Buffalo hot sauce, topped with blue cheese coleslaw and crumbled blue cheese.
- The classic Northside Twist pretzel and Twisted Taters are available at the Waveland Grill as well.
The Three Fingers Bar, named after former Cubs pitcher Mordecai “Three Finger” Brown, is a full-service bar located behind the right field bleachers that serves made-to-order cocktails and specialty beverages, including Bob Chinn’s Mai Tai, the Jack Hammer with Jack Daniel’s and Pepsi, the Blow Torch with Jack Daniel’s Fire and lemonade, Johnny Appleseed Hard Apple Cider, Red Bridge Gluten-free Beer, Bud Light, Goose Island 312 Urban Wheat Ale and Green Line Pale Ale.
Additional concessions will become available throughout the ballpark in future years as part of the ongoing 1060 Project at Wrigley Field.