Cubs 11th Homestand Events and Promotions: 8/18/15-8/24/15
The Chicago Cubs travel to the South Side this weekend for the Crosstown Cup series versus the Chicago White Sox. When they return home, they will host an Interleague matchup with the Detroit Tigers from Aug. 18-19, followed by a series with the Atlanta Braves from Aug. 20-23 and a makeup of the June 15 postponement with the Cleveland Indians on Aug. 24.
When fans return to Wrigley Field, they will be able to visit the new DraftKings Fantasy Sports Zone, formerly the Captain Morgan Club, at the corner of Addison Street and Sheffield Avenue. DraftKings, the Official Fantasy Sports Partner of the Chicago Cubs and Official Daily Fantasy Baseball Game of Major League Baseball, will expand its presence at Wrigley Field and offer ballpark experiences as prizes to game participants. The DraftKings Fantasy Sports Zone will sport a new look but continue to serve fans’ favorite foods and beverages, including new drink specials and traditional favorites at the Captain Morgan Bar inside. Guests ordering the DraftKings-themed signature drink special during the grand opening this Tuesday, Aug. 18, will receive a DraftKings Cubs koozie with their order.
As the Cubs host the Tigers on Wednesday, Aug. 19, the National WWII Museum will commemorate the 1945 World Series matchup played between the Cubs and Tigers the year World War II came to an end. Both teams will sport 1945 throwback jerseys for the game. “The Victory Belles,” an a cappella group from the museum, will sing the National Anthem with a flyover and lead the seventh-inning stretch. World War II veteran Richard Duchossois will throw a ceremonial first pitch, and a group of World War II veterans will be honored on the field for a fourth-inning military recognition.
Budweiser Bleacher Fridays continue on Friday, Aug. 21, with ‘90s Day, where each Budweiser Bleacher guest 21-and-older will receive a ‘90s re-issue Cubs hat in neon pink or yellow. Guests will hear many of their favorite songs from the decade, including Cubs player selections as their walk-up music. Budweiser Bleacher guests can play some of their favorite ‘90s arcade games behind the bleachers and may even enjoy a treat from the past with some popular ‘90s candies distributed on-site. Fans 21-and-older can enter the #BudFridays social media contest by sharing their best ‘90s-themed photos on Twitter and Instagram using the #BudFridays hashtag. One creative winner will be selected from all eligible entries to receive four tickets to the final Budweiser Bleacher Friday event on Sept. 18. Official rules, prize value and details are available at the team’s #BudFridays contest page.
Tickets remain available for each series at http://www.cubs.com or 800-THE-CUBS (800-843-2827).
On Wednesday, Aug. 19, up to the first 10,000 adults age 21-and-older will receive a wine tumbler presented by Barefoot Wine.
The following night, Aug. 20, is Firefighter Appreciation Night. Guests with designated Special Group Night Terrace Reserved Outfield tickets will receive a Cubs firefighter baseball cap. Special Group Night tickets are available at http://www.cubs.com/specialevents.
Budweiser Bleacher Fridays continue with ‘90s Day on Aug. 21, as Budweiser Bleacher guests age 21-and-older will receive a ‘90s re-issue Cubs hat in neon pink or yellow.
On Saturday, Aug. 22, up to the first 10,000 fans will receive a Jon Lester Cubs debut bobblehead presented by Las Vegas.
Kids Sundays continue on Aug. 23 with a Cubs toy airplane presented by American Airlines for up to the first 5,000 children age 13-and-younger. The first 1,000 kids 13-and-under can run the bases postgame, weather permitting.
Let’s Give Charitable Campaign
As part of this year’s ongoing “Let’s Give” campaign, Cubs manager Joe Maddon will continue his “Respect Community” charity T-shirt initiative during his postgame press conference on Friday, Aug. 21. Maddon will represent the Crushers Club, whose mission is to restore high-risk youth toward a path of maturity by using boxing, peer mentoring and music to engage and surround them with hope. A portion of the proceeds from Maddon’s upcoming Respect 90 The Main Event will benefit Crushers Club’s youth boxing program in Englewood. Tickets and more information for the Sept. 2 event are available at http://www.cubs.com/maddon.
On Sunday, Aug. 23, Cubs Charities and Baseball Tomorrow Fund will host an equipment drive to benefit the Bronzeville Little League. Fans can bring their new or gently used baseball and softball equipment to Wrigley Field’s Gate D from 11 a.m.-1:30 p.m. Monetary donations also will be accepted.
The Decade Diner in the right-field concourse will continue its rotating menu of homestand specials with a Monte Cristo Sandwich featuring sliced turkey, ham and aged cheddar on Texas toast dipped in egg batter, sprinkled with powdered sugar and served with a side of raspberry jam. Guests also can order a Breaded Pork Sandwich featuring a breaded pork loin with herbs and caramelized onions on a toasted ciabatta roll with spicy mustard.
Platform 14, the outdoor concession area in the Budweiser Bleachers located behind the center-field scoreboard, will continue serving three Hot Doug’s sausages. The “Champ Summers” is a spicy Vienna Polish sausage served with Goose Island beer mustard and crispy fried onions; the “Pete LaCock” is a ribeye steak sausage with horseradish cream and blue cheese; and the “Bill Bonham” is an atomic pork sausage with cherry marmalade and smoked gouda cheese.
Homestand Recap, Aug. 18-24:
Tuesday, Aug. 18 vs. Detroit Tigers, 7:05 p.m.
- First pitch and seventh-inning stretch: Professional golfer and 2015 British Open champion Zach Johnson
- Broadcast: ABC 7, MLBN, WBBM 780-AM, WRTO 1200-AM Spanish Radio, Cubs.com
Wednesday, Aug. 19 vs. Detroit Tigers, 7:05 p.m.
- Promotion: Wine Tumbler presented by Barefoot Wine (up to the first 10,000 adults age 21-and-older)
- National Anthem and seventh-inning stretch: “The Victory Belles” a cappella group from the National WWII Museum
- Broadcast: WPWR-TV, ESPN, WBBM 780-AM, WRTO 1200-AM Spanish Radio, Cubs.com
Thursday, Aug. 20 vs. Atlanta Braves, 7:05 p.m.
- Broadcast: CSN, WBBM 780-AM, Cubs.com
- Special Group Night: Firefighter Appreciation Night
- Designated tickets include Cubs firefighter baseball cap
- Seventh-inning stretch: Famous chef and TV personality Anne Burrell
Friday, Aug. 21 vs. Atlanta Braves, 3:05 p.m.
- Promotion: Budweiser Bleacher Fridays: ‘90s day (‘90s re-issue Cubs hat, neon pink or yellow, Budweiser Bleacher guests 21-and-older)
- First pitch: Actress Kristy Swanson, who played Buffy from Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Broadcast: CSN, MLB Network, WBBM 780-AM, Cubs.com
Saturday, Aug. 22 vs. Atlanta Braves, 3:05 p.m.
- Promotion: Jon Lester Cubs debut bobblehead presented by Las Vegas (up to the first 10,000 fans)
- First pitch and seventh-inning stretch: Sports analyst and former Notre Dame basketball coach Digger Phelps
- Broadcast: ABC 7, WBBM 780-AM, Cubs.com
Sunday, Aug. 23 vs. Atlanta Braves, 1:20 p.m.
- Promotion: Cubs toy airplane presented by American Airlines (up to the first 5,000 children age 13-and-younger)
- Baseball and softball equipment drive benefiting Bronzeville Little League
- First pitch: Comedian Tom Papa
- Seventh-inning stretch: Actor and Chicago native Jake Johnson
- Broadcast: WGN, WBBM 780-AM, Cubs.com
- Kids Run the Bases postgame (first 1,000 kids 13-and-under)
Monday, Aug. 24 vs. Cleveland Indians, 1:05 p.m. (makeup of June 15 postponement)
- Broadcast: WGN, WBBM 780-AM, Cubs.com